|June 9, 2010||Volume 9 Number 14 Issue 262|
What Do You Need?
I want to provide you with the information you need to be successful. Just hit the support link below and tell me what you need, and I'll try to address your topic in an upcoming newsletter.
Not a subscriber yet? Just fill your name and email address in the form below to get the information you need to keep your business successful. Just for subscribing, you'll receive a video package that you can resell for $37. Get The Great Ideazine every week in your mailbox for free.
My back is still killing me, but I am out walking again. Spent about 3 1/2 hours out and about today - about 2 1/2 of that was walking at a good pace. Watched a video today that I thought you might like, so I distilled it here for you.
Seven Simple Steps To Trafficby Jim Green
You are going to learn how to create five or six page blogs that convert well using the following steps. We will refer to these blogs as micro sites.
1. Find an Offer
Find an offer that’s already been proven to convert through multiple traffic sources. Get your ideas from late night radio - 5, 10, 15 minute direct sales pitches - pick those that run over and over again as they are usually making sales, TV (infomercials) - may be able to become an affiliate, Amazon.com - if it is in the best selling category, there may be a place for you, Ebay.com (Terrapeak is a good info source for statistical info) - again affiliate possibilities, or even get your own product. Buy research from one of the dozens of niche research sites. Google Trends - get in front of a rising trend if you can find a related product.
2. Research the Offer
Identify the primary topic of the offer. Search topic in Google External Keyword Tool. Look for terms with a search volume of over 1000 searches per month. Next, go to Google and search for your keyword. Once the results appear, click on the Google Wonder Wheel under “More Search Tools” on the left side of the page. Enter your target term into the Wonder Wheel, click search and expand out three levels. Level one is your categories, level two is your article topics, and level three is synonyms for your article topics. This is your website theme!
3. Register a Domain
Try to find one or more keywords from level one of you search. Use dotcom or dotorg as they are the best.
4. Setup Hosting
5. Add Site Content
Pick one article topic from each category and write a keyword rich article for your site content. You should seriously consider outsourcing this.
6. Install Framework
Wordpress is a great web site framework, and the one we will use in this example.
7. Site Configuration
In Wordpress configuration just means which plugs to install and activate.
Best Wordpress Plugins
1. All in One SEO - does exactly that, assists with SEO optimization.
2. All in One Webmaster - which makes it easy to submit your site to the search engines.
3. Broken Link Checker - a toughie. It keeps your site free from broken links. The search engines hate broken links and will reduce your ranking if you have too many. This plugin will notify you of any broken links and help you fix them.
4. Cbnet Ping Optimizer - notifies ping aggregators (you choose how many) that you have added new content.
5. Chennai Central - bandwidth saver. Warns search engine bots that the page is old and does not need to be indexed. Conversely, it tells the bots when you have new content that needs to be indexed.
6. Dagon Design Sitemap Generator - Creates a sitemap for your visitors.
7. Fast and Secure Contact Form - this is one of the easier ones to use.
8. GD Press Tools - keeps your database from being overworked by optimizing it regularly. This improves page load speed and helps raise your search engine ranking.
9. Google XML Sitemap - makes the sitemap for search engines.
10. Simple Captcha - helps prevent comment spam. Saves you time otherwise spent cleaning up your comments.
11. Wordpress Database Backup - absolutely necessary. This will keep your site backed up so that you can rebuild it with ease when the inevitable disaster happens.
12. WP Super Cache - helps speed up your site significantly - helps with search engine ranking. It stores a static, fast loading page every time a page changes.
13. Stealth Traffic System Plugin - self contained traffic builder.
Setting Up a Remote Host
1. Use Wordpress Multi-User (mu) - do a Google search to find it.
2. Get a multi-IP package from your host (the video suggests 30 IP's). Hostgator is my choice.
3. Setup two Wordpress Mu installations per IP.
4. Create 500 blogs on each host.
5. Every blog is potential link for your micro site. Use only about 3,000 blogs per micro site. That way you can create many micro sites before there is a danger of any two sites having exactly the same back links.
6. While you are getting links back to your Micro Sites, you are also growing each blog and increasing its ranking with the search engines. Eventually, you will be able to monetize these blogs also.
How much traffic can you expect?
Depending on the size and competition of the niche, once your system is up, running and fine tuned, you should expect between 150 and 300 visitors per day for each micro site almost immediately and will grow from there. Disclaimer: Your results can and may well vary considerably from these figures.
How to monetize your blogs.
Adsense or other contextual ads can work. It’s a lot less profitable than it once was, but because of the sheer number of sites involved, you can make decent revenue.
Lead generation or CPA offers, even just collecting your own leads can be valuable.
Why not try affiliate offers such as those on Clickbank, Commission Junction or one of the other networks.
Don't be afraid to sell your own products! Whether they be physical or digital there’s money to be made.
Wait at least 30 days before you do anything to monetize your sites, because in that time, your sites are getting indexed, links are being added, and your sites are starting to rank in the search engines.
What next? Well you could sit back and enjoy your traffic and the profit it brings, or you could sell some of your sites for a nice profit and use the money to buy more traffic for your remaining sites.
How do you sell a site?
Once the site is receiving a good amount of traffic, list it as a seven day auction on flippa.com with a starting bid of $1. Why a dollar you say? To get attention, bids and questions which will raise the profile of your auction. By day four, you may wish to set a buy it now price. Depending on the bidding, you may wish to set it as low as $499 or as high as $4,999
Good luck and happy flipping.
from Your Faithful Editor
For a complete step by step video tutorial on domain flipping, including how to find good keyword domains, how to add value to your domains, and where and how to sell them for the highest price, check out Domaining.
The Great Ideazine
Telephone: 807 767-0284
Copyright (C) 2010 Jim Green & Associates All rights reserved.